Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Convention sketches...for no one in particular

In the beginning of October, I went to both Locust Moon Fest and APE in the span of roughly a week. Then, I came home and got sick. Now that I'm not as sick, I'll to upload some of the sketches I did at those conventions. Don't get me wrong, these aren't for anyone, I just don't like staring at people who may or may not look at my comics, so I sketch to keep amuse myself.

Also, even though I immensely enjoy the conventions, talking to people who like comics and art, and other artists and cartoonists is absolutely my idea of fun, I feel a little anxious about losing productivity while I'm traveling and peddling my wares, so sketching alleviates some of that anxiety.

Here's an Estre doodle I pencilled at Locust, but that show was really busy, between talking to attendees, my table neighbors(who were all awesome), and seeing good friends in Philly, I actually didn't have that much time to draw, so I ended up inking her as a warm-up after returning to Chicago.

More to come,

-the Red

No comments:

Post a Comment