Friday, November 19, 2010

Daily Drawing





In an attempt to facilitate more drawings from myself, I am going to try and enforce a daily drawing routine. I typically draw everyday in some manner, but it's not always structured, and days when I don't get out of bed til 1, I find myself just lounging around mostly. So, today is a double ass whopper.

The first one I actually did a few days ago while waiting at Manchester-Boston Airport in New Hampshire. Right after I drew this, I bought a mildly tasteless, and definitely overpriced ham sandwich and bit a huge hole in my tongue that plagues me still.

Second is an illustration of the man Alex Toth that I actually did today (notice the date is missing the day? clever girl...) and was experimenting with some of the hallmarks of his style, using more gestural lines to suggest shading rather than excessive hatching, and lots of negative space, which I will maintain he was an unequivocal master of utilizing.

Hopefully this will push me to spend at least 10-15 minutes of every day drawing with a goal in mind, but plenty of freedom to fuck up and have fun.

It's on like Mahjong.

-Jams

No comments:

Post a Comment