Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bitter sweet'n

A_Hoax?

So, the last two days have provided me with some closure to a little anxiety. Sadly, my submission to Smoke Signal #8 was rejected. However, the next issue is going to be a collaborative project with the KutiKuti publishing collective, so submissions were even more competitive than usual. and I saw the table of contents, so it will be a banging issue.

On the upside, this means I can finally share the strip I submitted, which I thought turned out pretty nice. and this just gives me more incentive to kick up my game.

On a lighter note, I was accepted to CCS's MFA program, which is pretty rad. The whole application process was worth it just to meet Jason Lutes, James Sturm, and the current students in White River Junction. Now, I have to decide if I'll go and how to pay for it.

So, one set of anxieties is replaced by another, but there are a ton of great projects coming up, and I'm just happy to be involved and producing.

-Jams

No comments:

Post a Comment