Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sktch Dump and cookies

Well, I'm in Miami for a little while!
 
I like being on the move, but I also kind of hate moving. Perhaps, subconsciously, when I know I'm about to pack up for somewhere new, I get into a really good work groove, just so can defeat it later, because nothing ruins my work ethic like moving. So, this barbarian is the beginning of me trying to work myself back into a groove.  

 Also, being on the move means I can't easily work with brushes, so pen doodles become more frequent, such as this Tetsu the Phoenix sketch, from "Tokyo Drifter." Although, I feel akin to the drifter, and I wander somewhat aimlessly with no job prospects.
 But, I did get a new sketchbook, so at least I have plenty of space to make work stuffs happen now. This Cap sketch is inspired by some sketches R. Grampa did of Rufo, from Mesmo Delivery, and then I remembered I used to draw Weird with all sorts of hats. Mostly, I remembered how much fun it is to draw Weird, so looking forward to finally getting some comics done with the Vinz. Also, there's a funny Totoro-esque rabbit thing that was pretty fun to draw.
Anyway, here are some neat cookies my sweets got me. A lady in Chapel Hill, NC makes them an prints old school horror comic panels on them. Not only are they delish, but they are quite handsome, too. And, her name is Toth, so what a proper tradition for her to evoke. You can order them here. Dark Chocolate, yum!

More sketchies to come once I get over being a worthless kaiju

-Jams

No comments:

Post a Comment